To promote New Mexico's economic growth through focused advocacy of economic development issues, providing networking, professional development, education, and training opportunities for its members.
NM IDEA advances the profession of economic development in New Mexico by:
- Providing a forum for the interchange of ideas and stimulatingcooperation among its members
- Disseminating information on the most recent practices and techniques in economic development
- Establishing, maintaining and communicating a code of ethics
- Assisting the NM Legislature as well as local governments with formulating a economic development policy
- Upgrading skills and knowledge needed for success in the economic development field
- Furthering the economic growth of the state of New Mexico by cooperating with all public agencies and organizations